Bible versus Cell Phones

A friend of mine gave this to me one day at work. I thought I would share it with you, because I love cell phones. NOT!.. This unknown writer asks a series of question about what would happen if we treated our Bibles like we treat our cell phones?

1. What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
2. What if we flipped through it several times a day?
3. What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
4. What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
5. What if we gave it to others as a gift?
6. What if we used it when we travelled?
7. What if we used it in case of emergency?

He finishes it off by saying "unlike our cell phones, we don;t have to worry about our Bibles being disconnected because Jesus has already paid the bill, and there is no dropped calls."

If we examined our cell phone use to those questions by that unknown writer. We would probably feel shameful to our wasted time. We as Christians need to set our priorities and what do we hold as extremely valuable. A cell phone is helpful in our day to day life, but the Bible is much more valuable, because it teaches us holiness, righteousness, forgiveness, it satisfies our souls with grace and mercy. Before you text someone for the hundredth time today, put it down its not going anywhere trust me, and read a text from our holy God, because its to you and me.
So my question to you is: Who is winning in your life????

Comments

Trevor Peck said…
What?!?! You mean you're not in love with cell phones? LOL! So true buddy. There's more I would like to comment on, but my cell just rang...I gtg! JK!

Love in the Truth

Popular posts from this blog

Names of God's Children

TRUE JOY IS ONLY FOUND IN CHRIST

THE HEART OF GOD REVEALED