Names of God's Children

If you are a child of the living God, you are no longer called a sinner; "For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls" 1Peter 2:25. We are still a sinners but God looks at us not as sinners, but as His precious children. Why? Because of what Jesus did on the Cross for you and me, sinners saved by sovereign grace.
Jesus, is the Overseer and Lover of our souls, as the Good Shepherd. Jesus said in John's Gospel "I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep." John 10:14-15.
The Bible has many names for God's children, sinners who are saved by His
wondrous grace and mercy.

You are the:

Beloved of God (Rom 1:7)
Beloved Brethren (James 2:5)
Children of God (John 1:12)
Sons of the Living God (Rom 9:26)
Sons of the Most High (Luke 6:35)
Children of the Promise (Rom 9:8)
Dear Children (Eph 5:1)
Elect of God (Col 3:12)

The Faithful (Ps 12:1)
The Godly (2 Pet 2:9)
Heirs of God (Gal 4:7)
Holy Priesthood (I Pet 2:5)
The Just (Hab 2:4)
Little Children (1 John 2:1)
Living Stones (1 Pet 2:5)

Special People (Titus 2:14)
Slaves of Righteousness (Rom 6:18)
Sheep of Christ (John 10:1-16)
Servants of Christ (1 Cor 7:22)
Salt of the Earth (Matt 5:13:16)

Isn't it wonderful to be called all these things by a holy and loving God who came to this earth to bare our wrath so that we could have life with Him for all eternity? Praise Him for his everlasting love to sinners such as us. Praise Him because you are His precious child.

Praise Him, Praise Him!

Comments

Unknown said…
hiya, im making a card for my friend who I think needs to feel gods love. I was looking for things god would call us. like a list of human words I suppose... I guess wotever I write will be from me but inspired by his spirit in me. I cant exactly says shes as lovely as a sheep..
ok, cool
Unknown said…
Thanks for posting this! I was looking for names that we are given by God for my Confirmation class and this was a huge help! Hoping to create some Word Art for them with this list!

Popular posts from this blog

TRUE JOY IS ONLY FOUND IN CHRIST

THE HEART OF GOD REVEALED