A WAY TO THE THRONE ON HIGH



By Pastor Mike Andrews

We serve a loving and holy God who gave His life for many so that they could be called children of the Living God. Shouldn’t it make us jump for joy to understand these realities about our Heavenly Savior? Do we really understand what it means when the Bible says " let us come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need" (4:16)? I say this because I see a great amount of Christians who don’t come in that time of need today. They don’t seem to have that need of prayer and confession, to come to the throne of grace for anything. Christ Jesus has given us life, shelter, protection, love, and most of all a way to Himself. Shouldn’t this make fall to our knees? Or better yet, shouldn’t He be our only desire and greatest treasure so all we want to do is fall down to the throne where the Bible says He "is seated at the right hand of the Majesty on High," (1:3)? This is why our Lord Jesus says "it is finished" as He was on the cross at Calvary. He is seated because the sin issue is resolved by His perfect sacrifice for all humanity.
This is probably one of the major things that have stood out to me the past few weeks and something that’s been on my heart for many months. Do we really understand that we have the admittance to the Holy of Holies? We can come before the throne where He is seated because of the finishing work on the cross. He has saved me from eternal damnation; He has given me a way to Him by faith and He has rended the veil in two so that I can come freely to the throne of grace. What a wonderful privilege and honor to be able to go boldly, to be able to come with assurance and confidence and know that he will hear my cries. As the Psalmist says " I love the LORD, because He has heard My voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live". (Ps 116:1-2) As long as He gives me breath I will come to the throne of grace with peace and joy. I love how one theologian puts it "Because our High priest is on the throne, we can come before it, before Him. Observe, it is a throne of grace and not judgement". We don’t deserve His grace but He has made it available to all who call upon the name Jesus. The Old Testament speaks about how the high priest would go into the Holy of Holies once a year to offer up a sacrifice to the LORD. Christ Jesus has gone into the Holy of Holies for all humanity, not once a year, but once for everlasting. He has given us access to the throne of grace, the opportunity to come, not once a year, but twenty four hours a day seven days a week into His Holiness through prayer. Samuel Chadwick said "The one concern of the devil is to keep Christians from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work, and prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but trembles when we pray". If we come boldly to His throne, the power of prayer can overcome all things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names of God's Children

TRUE JOY IS ONLY FOUND IN CHRIST

THE HEART OF GOD REVEALED