THE PERSONHOOD OF JESUS CHRIST
12 BIBLICAL TRUTHS ABOUT JESUS IN HIS INCARNATE STATE (HUMAN FORM)
1. HIS BIRTH (Luke 2:11) “for there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord”
2. HE WAS FLESH AND BLOOD (John 1:14) “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us...”
3. HE WEPT (Luke 19:41) “now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it”. (John 11:35) “Jesus wept”
4. HE NEEDED REST (Matt 8:24) “and suddenly a great tempest arose on the sea, so that the boat was covered with the waves. But He was asleep”
5. HE ENDURED SHAMEFUL THINGS (Matt 26:67) “then they spat in His face and beat Him; and struck Him with the palms of their hands”
6. HE FELT ANXIETY (Luke 22:44) “being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground”
7. HE HUNGERED (Matt 4:2) “and when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry”
8. HE WAS SCOURGED (Matt 27:26) “then he released Barabbas to them; and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified”....................P.J. Forsyth says “The blood of Christ stands not simply for the sting of sin on God but the scourge of God on sin, not simply for God's sorrow over sin, but for God's wrath on sin."(John 6:38) “For I have come down from Heaven, not to do My own will but the will of Him who sent Me.”
9. HE FACED A REAL DEATH (John 19:34) “so when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “it is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit”
10. HE HAD A REAL BURIAL (Matt 27:59-60) “And Joseph took the body and wrapped it in a clean linen shroud, and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had cut in the rock. And he rolled a great stone to the entrance of the tomb and went away”.
11. HE ROSE LITERALLY FROM THE GRAVE (Luke 24:5-7) “And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, "Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen. Remember how He told you, while He was still in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified and on the third day rise."
12. HE IS THE ONLY WAY A PERSON WILL EVER BE SAVED (Act 4:17) “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." ...................Augustine said "The Jews looked upon a serpent to be freed from serpents; and we look upon the death of Christ to be delivered from death." Jesus suffered not only external abuse, but also internal grief over the lack of response from those who He came to save! Jesus suffered not for His own sin, since He was sinless. Jesus bore the eternal wrath that each and every one of us deserves. Jesus provided complete satisfaction meaning once and for all for the sin issue, which means the Father is completely satisfied by pouring His wrath out on to the Son (Jesus the God man).
As David Platt said..."We desperately need Him!"