6 INGREDIENTS TO HAVING SPIRITUAL JOY...............
1. JOY IS A GIFT THAT COMES WITH A BLESSING FROM GOD.
Psalm 16:11 "You make known to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
2. GOD GRANTS OR PROMISES JOY TO THOSE WHO GENUINELY BELIEVE THE GOSPEL.
John 15:11 "These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full."
3. JOY IS PRODUCED THROUGH THE MINISTRY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
Romans 14:17 "For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."
4. JOY IS EXPERIENCED MOST FULLY AS BELIEVERS WHEN WE RECEIVE AND OBEY GOD'S WORD.
Jeremiah 15:16 "Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by Your name, O LORD, God of hosts."
5. JOY IS DEEPENED THROUGH TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS.
1 Thess 1:6 "And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you received the word in much affliction, with the joy of the Holy Spirit," Because as Paul reminded the church, suffering was a gift from God for our good and His glory " For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake," Phil 1:29
6. BELIEVER'S JOY IS MADE COMPLETE WHEN THEY SET THEIR HOPE ON THE GLORY OF HEAVEN.
Romans 12:12 'Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."
This is good news for the strong or the the struggling Christian! See biblical joy drives a believer to recognize or embrace joy with a…..Thankful heart......Prayerful heart....Desiring heart......Joyful heart! Andrew Murray says "Our love to God is measured by our everyday fellowship with others and the love it displays." And when your heart is joyful, your confidence grows in the knowledge of Jesus Christ and your fellowship with one another. That's a blessing and a gift from God.
SO ASK YOURSELF?
1. Is your heart full of the Lord?
2. Are you completely satisfied in Him alone?
3. Does He bring you reason to rejoice today?
Never forget as Jesus reminded His children in John 16:33 "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
By Mike Andrews