My Friend


My friend, I stand in judgement now,
And feel that you're to blame somehow.
On Earth I walked with you day by day,
An never did you point the way.

You knew the Lord in truth and glory,
But never did you tell the story.
My knowledge then was very dim;
You could have led me safe to Him.

Though we lived together here on Earth,
You never told me of the second birth.
And now I stand this day condemned,
Because you failed to mention Him.

You taught me many things, that's true;
I called you "friend" and trusted you.
But I learn now that it's too late,
And you could have kept me from this fate.

We walked by day and talked by night,
And yet you showed me not the light.
You let me live, and love, and die,
You knew I'd never live on high.

Yes, I called you "friend" in life,
And trusted you through joy and strife.
And, yet, on coming to this dreadful end,
I cannot, now, call you "my friend"

Mark Cahill (One thing You can't Do in Heaven pg 52)


What a powerful poem! I'll I can say is WOW!! Lord help me to share with my friends the grace that you shared with me through my friends and my wonderful wife Julie.....As Jesus said "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. Matt 28:19-20......My question for you and me is: Are you ready GO? IF NOT! Why? Charles Spurgeon said it the best!"If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for." That's my prayer for you and me......Lord give me that anguish, the burden and the passion, for the lost in my community! Not just in the local church, but for the lost outside the walls of our church.......The ones who are without a hope.  As the Apostle Paul said "blessed are those who bring the Gospel of peace!" Because "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." To God be the glory for givng us a living hope through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Comments

JT said…
I love " Let no one go Unprayed for " - Please Pray for me.
Pastor Mike said…
I know! A very powerful quote by Spurgeon.... I will be praying for you brother....

God bless
Gregg Metcalf said…
Thank God that my responsibility is to preach the gospel to every creature and God's responsibility is to save those for whom He died. That is so freeing and takes the pressure and guilt off of me where God never intended it to be.

Thank God I am included in His marvelous plan of spreading the gospel.
Pastor Mike said…
Amen brother! Amen.....I will be praying John...... and Gregg your absolutely right brother! To Him be the glory, for He saves to the uttermost. We are to proclaim His word with power in the Holy Spirit to a generation that needs Him 'Oh! So desperately'

Popular posts from this blog

Names of God's Children

TRUE JOY IS ONLY FOUND IN CHRIST

THE HEART OF GOD REVEALED