1. His birth (Luke 2:11) “for there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord”
2. He was flesh and blood (John 1:14) “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us...”
3. He wept (Luke 19:41) “now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it”. (John 11:35) “Jesus wept”
4. He needed rest (Matt 8:24) “and suddenly a great tempest arose on the sea, so that the boat was covered with the waves. But He was asleep”
5. He endured shameful things (Matt 26:67) “then they spat in His face and beat Him; and struck Him with the palms of their hands”
6. He felt anxiety (Luke 22:44) “being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground”
7. He hungered (Matt 4:2) “and when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry”
8. He was scourged (Matt 27:26) “then he released Barabbas to them; and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified”
9. He faced a real death (John 19:34) “so when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “it is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit”
10. He had a real burial (Matt 27:59-60) “And Joseph took the body and wrapped it in a clean linen shroud, and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had cut in the rock. And he rolled a great stone to the entrance of the tomb and went away”.
Jesus Christ came as a man and He was crushed and bruised for:
A. My sins
B. Your sins
C. The whole world’s sin
P.J. Forsyth says “The blood of Christ stands not simply for the sting of sin on God but the scourge of God on sin, not simply for God's sorrow over sin, but for God's wrath on sin."(John 6:38) For I have come down from Heaven, not to do My own will but the will of Him who sent Me. The Bible also says it “pleases Yahweh to crush Him” Isaiah 53:10. We need to understand that Jesus the God man is someone who is very special. Why? Because not only did He die for our sins, He also has defeated the grave.
11. He Rose literally from the grave (Luke 24:5-7) And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, "Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen. Remember how He told you, while He was still in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified and on the third day rise."
Augustine says "The Jews looked upon a serpent to be freed from serpents; and we look upon the death of Christ to be delivered from death."We need to remember: 1. This Man suffered not only external abuse, but also internal grief over the lack of response from those who He came to save! 2. This Man suffered not for His own sin, since He was sinless. 3. This Man bore the eternal wrath of God the Father, something that each and every one of us deserve. 4. This Man provided complete satisfaction meaning once and for all for the sin issue, which means the Father is completely satisfied by pouring His wrath out on to the Son (Jesus the God man).
Is Jesus really somebody special? The answer to that question is YES! Jesus is unfathomably special. So I really only have 2 questions for you to think about to answer.
1. Have you come to the Cross?
2. Have you rejected the Cross?
See this not so special Jesus came to save the not so special people from their sins, so I beg you to please humble yourself to the Cross of Christ, and see how special you really are to Him "for while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly" Romans 5:6, and Paul goes on to say "but God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (v9). He bore our wrath so that we could be brought back to the Father "we rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation"(v10- v11)
To Him Be the Glory, forever and ever