Julie and I sat down tonight to watch Fireproof I only have one thing to say about the movie. It was absolutely brilliant. A wonderful story about a real marriage that effects many of us today or did effect us at some point in our marriages. I said to Julie when it over "this was us before I was saved". Isn't it amazing that we serve an awesome God who loves us so much that He came to this earth to die for His bride to please His Father. If that doesn't stun you, I don't know what will. We need to do the same in our marriages even when the road seems bumpy and helpless. Eph 5:25-31 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. So ought men to love their wives, as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife, loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined to his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
- I'm so thankful for that unmerited grace that Jesus gives us, because its only by His grace that I'm still with my wife after all these years
- I'm thankful for my wife who never quit when she had the chance to.
- I'm thankful for my wife who loved me enough to pray for me.
- I'm thankful for my wife who loves the LORD with her whole heart.
- I'm thankful for the gift of marriage to Julie who loves me so much! A sinner undeserving of her love.
Thank you Lord Jesus for this gift of love in marriage. To Him be the glory forever, and ever. AMEN