6 main ingredients to having spiritual joy
1. Joy is a gift from God (Ps 16:11) You make known to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
2. God grants Joy to those who believe the Gospel (John 15:11) These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
3. Joy is produced by God the Holy Spirit (Rom 14:17) For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
4. Joy is experienced most fully as believers receive and obey God's Word (Jer 15:16) Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by Your name, O LORD, God of hosts.
5. Joy is deepened through trials (1 Thess 1:6) And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you received the word in much affliction, with the joy of the Holy Spirit,6.
Believer's joy is made complete when they set their hope on the glory of Heaven. (Rom 12:12) Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.Joy in Christian life has a :A. Thankful heartB. Prayerful heartC. Desiring heartD. Joyful heart
Andrew Murray says "Our love to God is measured by our everyday fellowship with others and the love it displays." And when your heart is joyful, your confidence grows in the knowledge of Jesus Christ and your fellowship with one another.So Ask yourself?
1. Is your heart full of the Lord?
2. Are you completely satisfied in Him?
3. Does He being you reason to rejoice?