What does it mean to be gripped by God and His wonderful glory?
1. His unfailing love and mercy to creation and His called out ones (me and you)
“Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.” Ps 136:1
2. A Christian can find a deep seated joy and comfort when we are faced with a world that looks like it’s spiralling out of control.
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Ps 46:1-2
3. His everlasting forgiveness for sinners like you and me
“.....If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness...” Ps 130:3-4
4. To be declared from the King of glory His sons and daughter!
“Who shall ascend the hill of the LORD? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully. Ps 24:3-4
5. A genuine brokenness over your sin which brings us into a proper relationship with the One that paid our debt in full on the cross of Calvary.
“....For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment.” Ps 51:3-4
6. His resume and awesome track record that displays His trustworthiness.
“Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever. Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts. On the glorious splendour of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, I will meditate. They shall speak of the might of your awesome deeds, and I will declare your greatness.” Ps 145:2-6
7. That He would be mindful of this small speck of sand and show such mercy and love.
“When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?” Ps 8:3-4
8. To be blessed with the privilege to hold the words of God [Himself] in the palm of your sinful hand and to delight in it daily.
“Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.” Ps 1:1-2
9. That God would give us dads [fathers] the wonderful and serious responsibility to teach our children about the glory of God.
“I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings from of old, things that we have heard and known, that our fathers have told us. We will not hide them from their children, but tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the LORD, and his might, and the wonders that he has done. He established a testimony in Jacob and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers to teach to their children, that the next generation might know them, the children yet unborn, and arise and tell them to their children, so that they should set their hope in God and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments;...” Ps 78:2-7
10. That we can worship God truly the way He expected us to worship found in the finishing work on the Cross.
“Oh sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth! Sing to the LORD, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvellous works among all the peoples!” Ps 96:1-3
11. That a holy and awesome God would take a person [like me and you] once a hater [a fool] and bring us into a proper understanding of saving grace through His Son.
“The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, doing abominable iniquity; there is none who does good. God looks down from heaven on the children of man to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God. They have all fallen away; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one. Ps 53:1-3
12. That He would give us anguish or a burdened heart for the lost found in the Gospel that saves to the uttermost parts.
“My eyes shed streams of tears, because people do not keep your law. Righteous are you, O LORD, and right are your rules. You have appointed your testimonies in righteousness and in all faithfulness.” Ps 119:136-138
God is awesome!
He is the one who spoke all things into existence from nothing into something.
He is the one who said when He was finished “it is good”
He is the one sent His only Son to be our substitution for the payment of sin.
He is the one gave us His written word and implanted it into our hearts for future use.
He is the one who promised us a Helper the Holy Spirit to understand His word.
He is the one who is continuing to lead us home.
“And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” Phil 1:6
Again God is awesome! And we should always be gripped by His glory no matter what happens in this present life!
I’m forever speechless when I think about the glory of God that He would love me
I’m forever humbled by His everlasting love towards me and His creation
I’m forever fearful for those who will face the ultimate wrath of God for their hatred towards His unmerited grace each and every day.
I’m forever blessed and amazed to be called “His own”.
May God grip your heart so tight that you will never forget where your love and mercy comes from as you are faced with the next hour that He allows you to breath......