I was reading this at http://www.theblazingcenter.com/ Written by Stephen Altrogge, a really good reminder and truth....especially in a society that tells us that we are all gods and you need to look within ourselves to find it! Thanks Stephen for posting this! Awesome.....and great reminder why Jesus is my life............. my all.
- Spirituality invites you to explore your inner self. Jesus invites you to explore his glory and forget yourself.
- Spirituality invites you to find yourself. Jesus invites you to lose yourself.
- Spirituality is a journey that ultimately results in you “saving” yourself. Following Jesus is a journey that begins when you stop trying to save yourself.
- Spirituality leads to self-expression which results in self-fulfillment. Jesus calls you to die to yourself and find your fulfillment in him.
- Spirituality begins when you resolve to “try harder”. Following Jesus begins when you give up.
- Spirituality says you’re worth it. Jesus says that he’s worth it.
- Spirituality allows you to take charge of your life. Jesus commands you to acknowledge him as King of your life.
- Spiritual gurus dispense “wisdom”.
Jesus saves sinners.