Treasure This Love Letter

I was thinking this afternoon about how important the word of God is to me, and what it's done in my life to this present day! I'm still amazed and humbled every time I read the pages of scripture. Here are some things the Word of God has shown me in my life: my sin, my wretchedness, my lost state, my selfishness and pride, my self righteous attitude, my empty and broken heart, my complete helplessness, my true God the Creator of the universe, my hope of salvation through His Son Jesus Christ, my unmerited grace and mercy through His shedding blood, my death on the Son of God, my new life through His (Jesus) resurrection, my future with Him for all eternity, and my responsibility as a Christian to be obedient to His Word. Just to name a few.... I want to ask you a couple of questions that I asked myself this afternoon. How has the Word impacted your life? Does it play a key role in your decision making on a day to day basic? Does it convict you of present sin? Does it humble you, as you read the pages of scripture? Does it encourage your heart and strengthen you to go on each and every day? If you can't answer these questions honestly! Then please pick up the Word of God and ask the Lord for wisdom and understanding. Here are 10 reasons why we need to spend more time with the One, who loved you and saved you from yourself [if your a Christian]. Treasure and hold dear what this book stands for, and speaks about! The love and the glory of God to lost and broken sinners like you and me!
1. This book contain the promises of the Gospel
But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. (Gal 3:22)


2. This book testifies of Christ




For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, (1 Cor 15:3-4)



3. This book is intended for the use of all men and women


but now made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith (Rom 16:26)
4. This book is profitable for doctrine and practice
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim 3:16-17)


5. This book is written for our instruction




For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. (Rom 15:4)


6. This book can convert the soul


The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple; (Ps 19:7)
7. This book should be used to test everything
These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. (Acts 17:11)



8. This book should be a desire to hear and read
Now all the people gathered together as one man in the open square that was in front of the Water Gate; and they told Ezra the scribe to bring the Book of the Law of Moses, which the LORD had commanded Israel. (Neh 8:1)


9. This book is completely trustworthy in any generation


For the commandment is a lamp, And the law a light; Reproofs of instruction are the way of life, (Prov 6:23)



10. This book is a blessing to those who hear and obey
But He said, "More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!" (Luke 11:28)
We as Christian's have the privilege and honor to serve a loving and patient God. A God who desires His children to read His love letter to the world. A letter that guides us back to Him. Charles Spurgeon said “No promise is of private interpretation. Whatever God has said to any one saint, he has said to all. When he opens a well for one, it is that all may drink. When he opened a granary- door to give out food, there may be someone starving man who is the occasion of its being opened, but all hungry saints may come and feed too.”

Turn of the TV! Pick up this book right NOW! And see for yourself the love of God on the pages of scripture, for even a sinner like you! Trust me it worth reading, your soul depends on it......

To Him be the glory for such a great love letter to all humanity. A love letter that directs our attention to the only One, who can save our souls from the eternal lake of fire! The Saviour, Jesus Christ my Lord.....






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names of God's Children

TRUE JOY IS ONLY FOUND IN CHRIST

THE HEART OF GOD REVEALED